Monday, February 7, 2011

curious things...given wings

Play is an essential element in the creative process. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of this very basic fact. Give ourselves permission to play. Set aside worldly worries for a little while and open our minds to explore and experiment. Ask the question...what if?

What if...

for just a few hours on a sunny Sunday afternoon, I escape into the studio. Turn on the radio and tune into my favorite program, WNCW's Celtic Winds. Discover music by The Outside Track from their new album...curious things given wings. Let my imagination soar.



What if...

I combine odd bits from my stash:

pierced metal screen

luminous, lavender~opal colored beads, lined with silver foil

antique copper beads

perhaps...

Add a few leaf shapes
cut & heat~sculpted from spun polyester mixed~media sheets



What if...

I change direction:

same mixed~media sheets, different shapes

add texture and definition with metallic thread

layer on the color

don't heat sculpt



What if...

I add wire for shape

wrap a stick with a bit of eyelash ribbon

glue on a couple of beads for eyes



These curious things, my imaginings, are indeed given wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment